Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Troublesome Tuesday - TK-Kiss


I know it's a day late but I was unable to get to my blog yesterday so on today's (yesterday's)edition of Troublesome Tuesday... We talk about the TK-Kiss!

I know what you're thinking... no TK-Kiss isn't a KISS themed Stormtrooper (though I have seen 1 or 2 of those running around)... The TK-Kiss is a term used to describe an armor pinch. Most commonly, the TK-Kiss will surface around the primary joints such as elbows and knees. It happens when someone bends their appendages too much in armor causing the upper and lower halves of armor to touch, sometimes catching skin in the middle.

Often a Stormtrooper doesn't even feel the constant pinching and rather than 1 sharp pain pinch, it'll develop over hours of trooping and irritation. Not everyone gets them, Yours truly happens to be slim enough that usually my skin is not in the way of pinches but nonetheless, it can happen all the same. What results is a very red and painful mark almost like a hickie or rash.

Next time you see a stormtrooper out there for hours, think about how the poor fellow or lady might be getting pinched everytime he/she takes a step.

1 comment:

  1. I've always referred to them as armor bites or trooper tracks.

    ReplyDelete